csb philanthropic solutions is focused on selecting, facilitating, coaching, and investing in collaborative initiatives seeking to improve outcomes for low-income communities and communities of color.
csb philanthropic solutions offers the following primary services, with most projects integrating multiple service areas:
DEVELOPING GRANTMAKING INITIATIVES
We believe strategic philanthropic investment can help catalyze community change and create lasting impact. That’s why we partner with foundations and philanthropic collaboratives to design and launch new grantmaking initiatives.
FACILITATING LEARNING COMMUNITIES
We design and facilitate opportunities for leaders to learn together and create new solutions. We also help build communities of practice for individual leaders and teams to address complex, adaptive challenges
STRENGTHENING CROSS-SECTOR PARTNERSHIPS
From assisting leaders with formation, structure, and trust building to developing a shared understanding of root causes, systems change strategies, and collective accountability measures, we’re involved in every phase of partnership building.
“Cassandra has an expertise with complex cross-sector projects that blends grants and capital investments. Her support was so valuable that we not only retained her to assist with implementation of the effort, but we also asked her to serve as the interim Initiative Director for a year. Her flexible and adaptive leadership style was a great fit for our corporate culture and well received by a wide range of stakeholders."
~ Ben Hecht, President & CEO, Living Cities
Cassandra is also a professional gap-filler in service of the greater good
Additional services and capabilities include:
Strategic Grantmaking Development
• Identifying portfolio goals, values, and approach
• Developing grantmaking guidelines
• Designing application, selection, reporting, and evaluation processes
Ongoing Grantmaking Support
• Conducting due diligence
• Reviewing grant and PRI proposals
• Writing recommendations
• Evaluating grant portfolios
Grantmaker Education and Training
• Facilitating and staffing issue-area funder networks including development of reports, briefings, panels, and site visits
• Providing grantmaking training
Landscape Scans + Issue Area Reports
• Conducting original quantitative and qualitative research including key stakeholder interviews and focus groups
• Synthesizing existing data to inform initiative efforts, strategic planning, and grantmaking priorities
Organizational Capacity Building
• Assessing Organizations
• Facilitating strategic planning
• Developing partnerships and mergers
• Coaching leaders
• Strengthening board governance
Let’s work together
Email us to begin a conversation.
Banner Image: Presidio Institute Cross-Sector Fellows